Uber is a well-known service that provides affordable and high-end transportation options to the general public. It’s a service that can be accessed by just about anyone with the help of a smartphone, and its convenience is what has caused it to become so well-known in many countries all over the world.
As of now, Uber does not just provide transport for people. Uber Eats (UberEats) is a relatively new service that has been started up in several areas, including San Francisco, Washington, L.A, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Toronto and more.
What is Uber Eats?
This service allows customers to order hot meals from local restaurants and have them delivered right to wherever they are.
Using Uber Eats (UberEats) is an extremely simple process, especially if you already use the Uber application for your transport. All you need to do is open the Uber app and select the meal icon at the top. Enter your location, and then tap ‘view menu’ to place an order. Your meal will then be on the curbside within a matter of mere minutes.
As far as pricing is concerned, there are a fair number of meal options that all have varying prices. The average lunch meal, however, ranges between 8-12 USD. In addition to this price, there is a set delivery fee that will remain the same whether you order one meal or ten at a time.
From a Driver’s Perspective
We estimate that Uber Eats drivers, earn hourly wages similar to UberX drivers, excluding tips and before expenses. As an Uber Eats Partner, it is best not to expect frequent tips, as Uber generally discourages customers from tipping.
One disadvantage for the drivers is that, it is a curbside service, sometimes the customers forget to come outside to collect their meal. In addition to this, it can be troublesome to find a place to legally park your car when doing your deliveries.
If you are already an UberX driver, you are lucky, because you automatically qualify to be an Uber Eats driver. The vehicle requirements and driver requirements are identical to UberX, which makes it a hassle free process for those that are already in the UberX service.
Other Things You Should Know
- If you wish to become a partner or driver for the Uber Eats service, you will first need to check if it is available in your particular city.
- For people who are not already Uber drivers but wish to work for Uber Eats, you need not worry about any special requirements – just aim at becoming an UberX driver, and you can request to switch to Uber Eats.
- In most areas, the car model must be from the year 2006 or newer.
- As for restaurants that wish to partner up with Uber on this service, you simply need to contact Uber via email and let them know the details about you and your restaurant.
That is all you need to know about Uber Eats. Enjoy!
Other Interesting Uber Related Posts
For our blog posts on some of Uber’s Services, see the links below:
For other popular posts you might be interested in, check the links below:
- How Much Do Uber Drivers Make?
- How to Verify Your Uber Revenue
- How to Find the Highest UberX Fares
- How to Become an Uber Driver
- Uber Customer Service