One of the most bothersome and worrying things for many Uber drivers is receiving an email that tells them that their Uber account has been deactivated.However, in most cases you really need not worry. The problem can be solved in just a few simple steps.
There are many reasons why your account may have been deactivated, whether it is because you forgot to update your documents or because you received low ratings from passengers.Either way, you will probably be able to reactivate your account without too much of a hassle.
Begin by finding out why your account was deactivated in the first place. You will need to email Uber and ask why, exactly, your account is disabled. Keep in mind that you will need to be patient–the reply might take a little while to arrive.The response, when it arrives, will probably explain the entire situation. If you are not satisfied with the response, don’t be afraid to press for more details without coming off as rude or complaining.
Stay calm and make sure that all of your messages to Uber are polite!
In most situations, you can reactivate your uber driver account by following the instructions Uber provides:
- If you have been deactivated due to a document that was not updated, simply update it as per Uber’s instructions and you should be good to go.
- If the reason for your deactivation was because you received low ratings, you can take Uber’s driver training class (It costs $50 in some US cities ) and your account will be reactivated. (Ask your specific city’s Uber customer representative about this).
- If your account was deactivated due to your lack of activity, send an email to Uber asking them that you would like to be active as an Uber driver again. To prevent the deactivation from occurring again, you will need to drive at least once a month.
There are only a few situations in which you cannot get your account reactivated. First of all, if you violated an Uber policy, it is highly unlikely that they will accept you again. Uber generally does not take people that they believe will not follow their rules.
Secondly, if you received a very serious complaint from a passenger, you will probably not be reactivated.
Now that you are fully aware of how to reactivate your Uber driver account as well as prevent it from occurring in the future, #UberON. Stay active as a driver, follow the rules and treat passengers well to ensure that you are never permanently removed from the Uber services!
Other Interesting Uber Related Posts
For our blog posts on some of Uber’s Services, see the links below:
- An Introduction to Different Uber Services
- Uber Car Requirements: 420 Uber Black Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 90 Uber SUV Vehicles Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 580 UberX Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 115 Uber XL Cars Analyzed.
For other popular posts you might be interested in, check the links below:
- How Much Do Uber Drivers Make?
- How to Verify Your Uber Revenue
- How to Find the Highest UberX Fares
- How to Become an Uber Driver
- Uber Customer Service for 297 Cities across the globe