Rideshare has taken on various forms including car-pooling and even car- sharing and riders now know they have various options to choose from. Car-sharing provides rideshare options to users who want to drive but don’t own their own cars. With Socar rideshare, users can rent cars on a short-term basis and return the vehicles in pre-arranged spots. South Korean car-sharing service SoCar is widening its rich and spreading to other Asian cities like Malaysia.
More about Socar Rideshare
Socar is a South-Korean eco-friendly car sharing service for commuters who want a rideshare service but prefer to drive. The service was founded in March 2012 by Jimahn Kim and has recorded over 1.7 million users and counting. Socar expanded its service into Malaysia in January, 2018 and is available in Kuala Lumpur, Bangsar and Bangsar South. Users have an impressive fleet to choose from and your choice can be delivered to your location.
Socar rideshare also offers Door-2-Door service where cars are delivered to a desired pickup or return location for an additional fee.
Rent eco-friendly cars at affordable rates from RM8/hour. You can rent any available vehicle from 30mins to your desired duration of use.
Depending on your location, you have various vehicle options to choose from. They include:
- Chevy Sharks
- Kia Rays
- Saloon Cars
- In Malaysia
- Honda City Sedans
- Perodua Axia compacts
- Honda HR-V SUVs
How to use
- Download the app on Play store or the App store
- Sign-up with a valid driver’s license, ID, and a payment information (credit/debit card)
- Once your registration is confirmed, you can book a car
- You will receive your booking details via SMS
- Once you arrive at the pickup point, it’s important that you take photos of front, rear, right, and left sides of the car send it to SoCar through the app.
- Unlock the car via the app.
- You are free to drive
- Refuel the car after use up to half a tank or more if you so desire
- Must be 21 years and above
- Have a Korean driver’s license for up to a year
- Credit or debit card for payment
What we think
The reviews from users have been great; this is a good indication of user satisfaction. However, the downside is that Socar rideshare does not offer its service in English. Be sure to find someone to interpret for you and you are good to go.
Are you an Uber Driver and/or Entrepreneur? Did you enjoy this post? Are you looking for other ways to optimize your Ridesharing Business?-If your answer is yes to all three question, and you have not downloaded our kit(s) – you need to do so now and join thousands of other Uber drivers by clicking the Download link at the top right of this page, or by going here or here.