Uber has made transportation easier and more convenient, it is quickly becoming the sought after option. Driving with Uber is one way you can earn more money. It affords flexible hours and a chance to make good money on your own schedule. With Uber drivers, you can be rest assured of professional service as drivers try to keep up their ratings. Also, Uber drivers can be reported and terminated from the service if there are passenger reports of misconduct on the part of the drivers.
With the Uber app, ride requests have been simplified for riders and drivers. Uber drivers are matched with passengers once requests are placed. Payments can also be effected via the app. In this post, we will discuss Uber payment options for both passengers and drivers.
Uber payment options
Uber passengers get a fare estimate before even starting a ride. This helps them decide if to go on with the ride or cancel the ride request. This fare estimate is shown to the rider before completing the ride request process on the Uber app. Passengers pay for the rides via the credit or debit cards tied to their Uber accounts. Some markets like Nigeria and India allow passengers pay for rides using cash.
For drivers, Uber credits their accounts at the end of the week after deducting commissions. So, how exactly does this work?
Uber payment options for passengers
Now, riders have the opportunity to pay for rides either with cash or electronic cards. You can add or update your Uber payment options as needed. To pay for rides, you can update your payment method to the options available in your state- credit cards, cash, or a PayPal account.
At the end of the ride, your selected payment method is charged. To add, modify or delete a payment method, follow the steps below:
ADD A PAYMENT METHOD
1. Select “Payment” from your app menu.
2. Tap Add Payment.
Then carry out any of the actions below:
SCAN A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
1. To scan an electronic payment card, click the camera icon.
2. Center your card in your phone’s screen so that all the 4 corners flash green. Cards with embossed letters and numbers are easier to scan.
3. Enter the card’s expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
4. Click SAVE.
MANUALLY ADD A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
1. Enter your card number.
2. Enter the expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
3. Click SAVE.
UPDATE CARD INFO
1. Select “Payment” from your app menu.
2. Select the payment option you’d like to update.
3. Tap the three dot icon, tap edit.
4. Make changes, tap SAVE when you’re done.
If you made errors with your card numbers, you will have to delete the entry.
DELETE A PAYMENT METHOD
1. Select “Payment” from your menu.
2. Select the card you’d like to delete.
3. Tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner.
4. Tap DELETE, then confirm.
Uber Payment Options for Drivers
First let’s review how driver earnings are calculated:
Your final pay at the end of the day depends on some factors:
- Trip fare – This is calculated based on the time and distance of the trip
- Commission – How much commission Uber takes off each ride fare
- Booking fee – Uber collects this from the rider on your behalf. This is used to cover the costs of insurance and safety features. It doesn’t affect your fare
- Tolls – If you had to pay toll at any point during the ride.
Your earning per ride = Trip fare + Tolls
Drivers have 2 Uber payment options:
- Direct Deposits – This happens every Thursday via direct deposits straight into your bank account.
- Uber Instant Pay – With the use of your personal debit card, the Uber Instant Pay option allows you to cash out up to 5 times a day. However, you are charged $0.50 for every time you cash out. Also, most Mastercard, Visa or Discover U.S. debit cards associated with traditional checking and savings accounts are accepted when you use them on Instant Pay. Instant Pay allows drivers to cash out their earnings on demand (instead of waiting a full week!). The program disburses funds upon the driver’s request and has no minimum cash-out amount.
You can also request an Uber debit card that links to a business account setup through Uber’s partnership with GoBank. Disbursing to the GoBank card does not incur a $0.50 fee; however it involves all of the responsibilities that come with having a checking account. Visit the nearest Uber office to you to find out if this option is available in your state.
For passengers, the Uber app strives to make transportation as seamless as possible to make the process easy for riders.
Uber as a business is quite flexible and lucrative. It gives car owners opportunities to make money using their personal vehicles at their own convenience. You can easily join the Uber business by clicking this link.
Are you an Uber Driver and/or Entrepreneur? Did you enjoy this post? Are you looking for other ways to optimize your Ridesharing Business?-If your answer is yes to all three question, and you have not downloaded our kit(s) – you need to do so now and join thousands of other Uber drivers by clicking the Download link at the top right of this page, or by going here or here.