Uber products reflect the desires of consumers. Uber Products have been put in place to ensure that riders and drivers across the world are given the power to choose what they believe suits them. These products will be discussed concisely to give you a summary knowledge of all you need to choose the right service on your next trip.
UberX is the least expensive of all Uber Products available. This makes it a recommended choice for passengers that are trying to save money or on a budget. This means two things for a potential Uber driver or entrepreneur.
- You will get lower fare rates compared to some of the other services like UberXL, UberBLACK and UberSUV. This is not necessarily a bad thing since;
- You will get more rider pickups. UberX is the most popular product for Uber
You see, lesser fares does not translate to a loss in this instance.
For those new to Uber, UberX is known as the entry level ‘ride sharing’ service. UberX drivers typically have cars like the Toyota Camry, Ford Escape, Ford Escort, etc. The main requirements to become an UberX driver are listed in this blog post here.
Basic requirements for UberX cars (in most cities) include:
- It must be a model from the year 2006 or newer, and
- It must have passed an independent inspection at designated Uber centers
- Salvaged vehicles will not be eligible for this service
- Proper vehicle registration documents must be submitted
For more information on selecting the right UberX vehicle, see our blog post here Uber Car Requirements: 580 UberX cars analyzed).
(You get a signup bonus, which has our signup referral code already pre-populated). Note – the links redirect to the correct Uber URL
UberBLACK is often described as the luxurious version of UberX. UberBLACK is Uber’s premier product. Just like UberX, this Uber service takes a passenger from one place to the other but in a fancier and classier ride. UberBLACK is perhaps the most expensive product that Uber offers in most cities. This means two things for a potential Uber driver or entrepreneur:
- You will get higher fare rates compared to some of the other services like UberX, and Uber XL (UberBlack cars are driven by professionally trained chauffeurs).
- You will get less rider pickups compared to UberX (since it is a high-end service).
- You will also get longer trips (Uber Black unlike UberX is allowed to pick up or drop off at the airport – this translates to more money for the driver/entrepreneur).
This particular Uber service is generally dominated by sleek, high-end sedans. In the UberBLACK Car, there can be up to four passengers at a time, just like with UberX.
One of the major differences between the two Uber Products, UberBLACK and UberX, is the general requirement (for most cities) that drivers on the UberBLACK platform must have commercial or livery licenses.
Basic requirements for the UberBLACK car (in most cities) include:
- UberBLACK cars are, of course, black.
- They absolutely need to be new models (2012 or newer) and
- They need to have a black exterior. For the interior, a black, grey or beige leather interior should do.
For help selecting an Uber Black Car for your Uber Business, see our blog post here: Uber Car Requirements: 420 Uber Black cars analyzed).
Uber XL is yet another variety of Uber products that you can sign up for. This particular Uber service is pretty similar to the UberX, except for the fact that the cars are usually larger and can seat up to six people rather than the standard four for UberX vehicles.
The vehicles approved for these services are generally a minivan or crossover in most cases. You should keep in mind that the fare you receive for this service will be higher than the regular UberX. This is a good option for passengers going somewhere with a few friends or family members. It is ideal for family picnics or parties.
All the requirements for the drivers are the same as they are for the UberX, except that you need a larger vehicle for XL of course!
For help selecting an Uber XL Car for your Uber Business, see our blog post here: Uber Car Requirements: 115 Uber XL cars analyzed).
UberPlus falls between UberBLACK and UberX. The quality of the car required for this product offer is usually higher than that of UberX. So it is expected that this product mandates a pretty good luxury car—however; it isn’t quite on the same level as the UberBLACK.
UberPLUS cars must seat up to four (4) people; and the fare you can expect to receive is usually lesser than that of UberBLACK but higher than that of UberX.
This is a good option for Uber partners and drivers that have or want to acquire a slightly nicer car, but don’t want to have to pay the cost for an UberBLACK car.
Sign up to have our blog posts (catering to Uber Partners and Drivers) delivered to your email every week! In exchange for signing up we will give you our highly rated report with suggestions to help you increase your Uber Revenue.
We cover trending topics relevant to the success of your business as an Uber car owner or driver, as well as cutting edge improvements on how to improve the management of your business: like how to better control costs and increase your revenue.
Thanks again for visiting! We look forward to hearing from you about your experience and being a part of your growth process!
Other Interesting Uber Related Posts
For our blog posts on some of Uber’s Services, see the links below:
- How Much Do Uber Drivers Make?
- Top Car Leasing Programs for an Uber Driver
- How to Find the Highest UberX Fares
- How to Become an Uber Driver
- Uber Customer Service
For other popular posts you might be interested in, check the links below:
- An Introduction to Different Uber Services
- Uber Insurance Issues and Commercial Insurance
- Uber Car Requirements: 420 Uber Black Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 90 Uber SUV Vehicles Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 580 UberX Cars Analyzed.