Moovn is a rideshare application that enables users book a driver on demand or in advance. The web-based booking platform enables you to request a ride at the comfort of your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. The Moovn app was created by Godwin Gabriel who comes from a non-tech background. He took up the challenge of teaching himself how to code and in nine months, he had the skill required to develop the Moovn app. Moovn first launched in Seattle in 2015 and joined the bandwagon of rideshare companies operating in America.
This app bears some similarities with rideshare giant, Uber. Users can book a car now or schedule for later. Drivers also get to control their schedule. This is where the distinct similarities between the two companies end. Moovn was launched to fill the void left by companies like Uber and Lyft. It’s no debate that Uber drivers have expressed displeasure about the percentage of commission Uber takes off fares. This has been a bone of contention between Uber and drivers since Uber increased its commission from 20 percent to even 30 percent over the years. Moovn in a bid to attract drivers onto its platform takes just 15percent commission. Also, passengers will enjoy rides all around the clock with no fear of surge pricing.
These developments largely contribute to the growth of the black-owned ride-hailing service. In some parts of the world where Moovn operates, it customizes some of the products offered in the foreign market by allowing ridesharing through other means like motorcycles and Rickshaws in addition to cars.
How to use the Moovn App
- Download and setup account on the Moovn app
- Book a vehicle now or schedule for later
- Confirm your request
Driving for Moovn is a great way to earn money on your own schedule just like Uber. See below basic driver requirements to become a driver on the Moovn platform:
- Age 21+ with an active U.S. driver’s license with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years (such as traffic violations or accidents).
- No major moving violations in the past 3 years (such as driving on a suspended license, reckless or negligent driving).
- No DUI and/or drug related driving violations in the last 7 years.
- No driving related convictions in the last 7 years (such as felonies involving a vehicle or hit and runs).
- No criminal record and able to consent and pass a full background check.
- Ability to drive 75+ miles to and from destinations if needed.
- Comply with your local city/state regulations.
- Current registration, license plates and insurance (personal or commercial).
- Smart phone with an updated operating system and data plan.
- 5-8 seats, including the driver’s.
- No salvaged/rebuilt vehicles
- Vehicles require to pass an annual inspection from an ASE-certified mechanic which includes examining;
- Engine, suspension, steering and brakes must be fully functional and safe. Exhaust system needs to be within vehicle state standards, not modified or unnecessary wear.
- All doors need to be able to open and close from inside and out in good working order. Passengers must have the ability to unlock or lock their own doors.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a brief online orientation in order to familiarize themselves with our operating model before being fully on-boarded
Moovn is available in several cities in North America including Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA , Chicago, IL , Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Vancouver, Washington DC. The app also has presence in Dar-Es-Salaam, Dubai, Johannesburg, and Nairobi
Sign up to have our blog posts (catering to Uber Partners and Drivers) delivered to your email every week! In exchange for signing up we will give you our highly rated report with suggestions to help you increase your Uber Revenue. We cover trending topics relevant to the success of your business as an Uber car owner or driver, as well as cutting edge improvements on how to improve the management of your business: like how to better control costs and increase your revenue. Thanks again for visiting! We look forward to hearing from you about your experience and being a part of your new growing business!