Over the years, rideshare has taken on various forms but still with the same aim; to simplify transportation while reducing greenhouse emissions and traffic congestion in our cities. Rideshare has become a popular mode of transportation all over the world. To ensure seamless transportation, bikes, trucks, and even rickshaws are being used to simplify commute, decongest roads and reduce carbon footprints.
Carpooling is also a great way of decongesting roads. Many cities are enforcing HOV (High Occupancy Vehicles) rules where roads have dedicated lanes for these vehicles. In a bid to provide smart carpooling solutions, Rideshare Network debuted its services.
How Rideshare Network Works
Using a simple website and an interconnected system, Rideshare Network arranges shared rides in Canada and in the US. Users can arrange rides via the platform, chat with other users, read rider reviews and driver reviews before making ride arrangements.
The company currently operates in North America and is looking to expand its services using Nodes.
What are Nodes?
According to Rideshare Network, “a node is a separate Rideshare site for your area”. Cities and towns that require ridesharing in their area will have a separate site created for them; but it is named after the city or region and has the region in the URL e.g (https://yourtown.ride-share.org).
To Request Rides
- Visit the website
- Enter your location and destination
- Indicate if you will be a rider or driver
- Register on the Rideshare Network using your Facebook account or email.
Please note the following:
- A chat application is available for users to communicate
- Drivers and riders arrange trip costs and gas money before trip begins
- Users are asked to rate their experience
Rideshare Network does not perform checks on users, so riders and drivers need to be very careful and observe a few safety checks before agreeing to a ride.
- Ensure you meet your ride companion in a public space before getting into the car
- Read ride reviews
- Enquire about the condition of the car
- Ask for references
- Ensure that the driver is approved to ride on the platform
- Be alert
Are you an Uber Driver and/or Entrepreneur? Did you enjoy this post? Are you looking for other ways to optimize your Ridesharing Business?-If your answer is yes to all three question, and you have not downloaded our kit(s) – you need to do so now and join thousands of other Uber drivers by clicking the Download link at the top right of this page, or by going here or here.