Ridesharing is gaining strides globally and not only with cars. To ensure seamless transportation, bikes, trucks, and even rickshaws are being used to simplify transportation. In densely populated countries like India and China, bikes and rickshaws are being used to decongest roads and reduce carbon footprints.
In Germany, bike sharing is becoming increasing popular with various companies providing various kinds of bikeshare services in the country. The country is already saturated with other bike share services like Mobike and ofo and Nextbike. In this post, we will explore the bikeshare company, Nextbike.
More about Nextbike
Nextbike was founded in Leipzig, Germany in 2004. With presence in over 18 countries and over 100 cities, the company is focused on introducing smart biking solutions all over the world. Cities or franchises can take up initiating the service in a new market. Operating costs are usually financed by rental fees paid by riders and the sale of advertising space on the bike. Sometimes, you will see the bikes partly branded by companies who purchase spaces on the bikes to advertise their product.
Nextbike builds its own bikes and its headquarters is in Leipzig, Germany as well.
How to use Nextbike
- There are different ways to register for the service. You can sign-up via:
- The website
- The app. Download the app on play store, windows store or the app store
- In Germany, you can also register via the platforms above and also
- At the terminal
- Or call the company hotline but this will incur a service charge of 3€
Verify your account
Confirm your payment method. Please note that your payment method can be changed anytime
- Open the app and locate the bike closest to you
- Once you arrive at the location of the bike, enter the bike number written on the bike in the app or scan the QR code.
- You will be sent a lock code
- Enter the lock code in the on-board computer to unlock the bike
- Remove the cable lock and secure it in its holder
You will be charged a rate of €1 for every 30 minutes, or a full-day price of €9 for 24 hours.
Bike sharing is a great way to reduce the number of cars on the road especially in cities that are densely populated. It will not only reduce traffic congestion but make the roads safer and the environment cleaner.
Note -For Uber Drivers and Entrepreneurs who have not downloaded our kit(s), we provide a vast amount of professionally vetted information and business analysis that will help you run a successful uber business.