If you are looking to become an Uber driver or an Uber partner, what is the most troublesome barrier that presents itself? Having a car that fits the Uber’s requirements for the particular Uber service you are interested in.
Fortunately, there are now ways to overcome this issue with the help of car leasing programs for Uber! We’re going to discuss some of the top car leasing programs that you might want to consider if you wish to work with Uber.
The programs we will discuss are: Uber Xchange, Breeze, and Flexdrive (this is more a rental program, but we thought it was worthy of discussion too). A quick summary of the aforementioned services is listed below (For our detailed discussion go here):
Uber Xchange Leasing Program:
- Xchange is a subsidiary company of Uber (similar to Raiser)
- $250 Deposit to get a lease
- You are not limited to a Prius (UberX and UberXL cars only)
- Expect a credit check
- No Limit on Mileage
- Ability to break a lease before 3 years (for $250)
- Available initially (pilot program) in California, Maryland and Georgia
- Interest Rate – 11.6%
- Uber car lease cost: $100 a week for the actual lease
- Payment includes (car, and maintenance)
- URL: https://get.uber.com/cl/xchange/
Breeze Leasing Program:
- Uber car lease cost: Expect to pay around $195 a week for the lease
- $250 Deposit to get a lease
- Limited to a Prius
- 600 Miles a week (or 31,200 miles a year)
- $0.15 per mile for mileage over the 600 Miles a week limit
- You can return the car with a 2 weeks’ notice (no penalty)
- URL: https://www.joinbreeze.com/
- No down payment or credit check
- Swap cars with other participating members whenever you want (based on availability)
- Uber car lease cost: Weekly subscription fees of $239/week + tax
- (Weekly & Monthly Rentals available)
- One time membership fee of $100
- Access to a variety of models for UberX, UberXL and UberSelect
- Payment includes (car, insurance, maintenance, and roadside assistance)
- URL: https://flexdrive.com/
The Uber Xchange leasing program is a real game changer for hopeful Uber drivers or partners, as it allows you to rack up unlimited mileage on the leased vehicle. The weekly lease fee is often around 100 dollars, and you get a choice from a decent variety of different vehicles.
If you change your mind at a later date, you can always terminate the lease with two weeks’ notice and the payment of a $250 fee.
This program can save you a lot of money compared to a lot of other leasing programs, and the unlimited-mileage aspect is really quite astounding.
In this program, you can lease cars like Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen. Unlike some programs, you will not be limited to a Prius.
In fact, there are even some UberXL vehicles that qualify for this program, which is great for drivers that wish to sign up for Uber’s UberXL services. To sign up with Uber Xchange go here: https://get.uber.com/cl/xchange/
Breeze Leasing Program
The second leasing program that you might want to consider is Breeze. Breeze is a flexible company that is a great option for those that wish to enter the Uber business. You need to pay about 250 dollars to get started with the program, and $195 a week as your weekly fee.
You are limited to a Prius with Breeze, but this is not necessarily a bad thing, depending on your preferences.
With Breeze, you are allowed 600 miles a week—additional miles will be charged 0.15$ per mile. However, 600 miles is quite a lot! Make sure you use up all of these miles to get the most bang for your buck.
The main plus, with Breeze, is the ease with which you can return a car. With just two weeks notice, you can return a car: It is an uncomplicated and easy procedure.
Breeze is a good option for new drivers, in particular, due to the easy return system. It is pricier than the Uber Xchange program, but it is still a noteworthy program to consider if you want to delve into the world of being an Uber contractor without having to purchase a car flat-out. To sign up with breeze go here: https://www.joinbreeze.com/
Flexdrive (rental) Program
The third option we looked at for leasing is Flexdrive (even though it isn’t really a leasing program). Flexdrive is a flexible car rental program for drivers that want flexibility (you don’t have to be an Uber driver to use it).
With Flexdrive, you have monthly and weekly rental options; you also have the ability to swap out cars (depending on availability). The beautiful thing about Flexdrive is the fact that you don’t have to worry about maintenance or insurance (which can be a big concern for Uber drivers). To sign up with Flexdrive, expect to pay around $239 per week (cheaper than Breeze, but more expensive than the Xchange progam), and a onetime membership fee of $100. To get started with flexdrive, go here: https://flexdrive.com/
And that’s all there is to know about the top Uber leasing programs around! Figure out what is best for you, and then take your pick so you can start earning money.
For drivers and entrepreneurs not even sure on whether to rent, lease, buy outright or finance, download our uber kit to make the best decision before committing to any one method. This could save you thousands down the line.
To see a list of over 580 UberX Cars we analyzed for maximum profitability, reliability and dependability, see our post below:
For our blog posts on other Uber Services, see the links below:
- An Introduction to Different Uber Services
- Uber Car Requirements: 420 Uber Black Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 90 Uber SUV Vehicles Analyzed.
For other popular posts you might be interested in, check the links below:
- How Much Do Uber Drivers Make?
- How to Verify Your Uber Revenue
- How to Find the Highest UberX Fares
- Uber Customer Service (297 Cities)
- How to Become an Uber Driver