Uber services have been tailored to suit the lifestyles and needs of its varying passengers. The UberPOOL for example was tailored to suit riders who do not mind sharing a ride with other people heading in the same direction. The Uber 7 seater was introduced to cater for a unit of 6-7 people. These services do not only differ in the type of needs they meet, but also in vehicle requirements. A vehicle approved for UberX may not be approved for UberBLACK and vice-versa. These services differ from city to city; although some services (like the UberX) are pretty common in cities where Uber is available.
To give a more detailed analysis, we will focus on two different Uber services – UberBLACK and UberSELECT.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN UBERBLACK AND UBERSELECT
UberBLACK Driver Requirements
- Driver must be at least 21 years old
- Driver must be professionally trained
- Driver’s License
- Commercial Licensing and Registration
- Commercial Insurance
- Vehicle Inspection
- Airport Permit (in some cities)
- Must have Star rating
UberSELECT Driver Requirements:
- Driver must be at least 21 years old
- Auto insurance
- Drivers license
- Driver must have rating of 4.75 or above to qualify
One common requirement is that drivers for the UberBLACK and UberSELECT services must undergo a comprehensive criminal background and driving history check.
Uber Service Category
Under the service category, UberSELECT can be found in the same class as the UberX services but it is a step above the UberX. UberSELECT vehicles are classy entry level luxury cars (but not as nice as UberBLACK vehicles). Drivers in this service have ratings of 4.75 and above. With UberBLACK, riders should expect to be picked up by professionally trained drivers who dress to suit the service. Drivers in this service are held to high standards. This service ALWAYS has a limited number of cars operating in cities.
UberBLACK vehicle requirements are:
- Must have black or beige leather interior with black exterior
- Cars must be a luxury sedan
- Vehicle must accommodate four (4) passengers and extra space for luggage
- Vehicle model must be at least 2010 or newer (Varies in different cities)
- Acura MDX, Acura RLX
- Audi A8
- Bentley (all sedan models)
- BMW 7-Series, BMW X5
- Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac XTS
- Chevrolet Suburban
- GMC Yukon Denali
- Jaguar XF, Jaguar XJ/XJL
- Land Rover LR4 , Land Rover Range Rover
- Lexus LS
- Lincoln MKS, Lincoln MKT, Lincoln Navigator L
- Maybach (all models)
- Mercedes-Benz GL, Mercedes-Benz ML, Mercedes-Benz S Class
- Rolls-Royce (all models)
- Tesla Model S
UberSELECT vehicle requirements are:
- Vehicles must have four (4) doors that open independently
- Must have 5 functional seat belts
- Vehicles must have leather interiors
- Vehicles must be 2008 or newer (Varies in different cities)
- Acura: RDX, RLX, TL, TLX, RSX.
- Audi: A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, S3, S4, S6, Q3, Q5, Q7.
- BMW: 3-series, 5-series, 7-series,M3, M5, M6, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6. …
- Cadillac: XTS, ATS, CTS, DTS, SRX,STS Escalade ESV.
- Jaguar: XJ, S-Type
- Infiniti – EX, FX, G Sedan, I, M, M-Class, Q40, Q50L, Q60, Q70, QX50, QX56, QX70
- Land Rover – Evoque, LR2, LR3, LR4
- Lexus – ES, GS, GX, IS, LS, LX, RX
- Lincoln – MKC, MKT, MKS, MKX, MKZ, Navigator
- Mercedes Benz – C-Class, E-Class, GL-Class, GLK-Class, M-Class, S-Class
- Porsche – Cayenne, Cayman, Macan, Macan Turbo, Panamera
- Buick Enclave, LaCrosse
- Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
- Chrysler 300
- GMC Acadia, Yukon
- Hyundai Equus, Genesis
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Kia K900
- Nissan Armada
- Toyota: Land Cruiser, Sequoia
- Volkswagen CC, Touareg
- Volvo S60, S80, XC60, XC90
With UberSELECT, riders should expect luxury but at an affordable price. The fare for UberSELECT is just slightly more expensive than the regular UberX but not as high as the UberBLACK service. The UberBLACK fare is commensurate to the service that riders will receive and it’s also priced to reward drivers for their efforts.
These are essentially the basic differences between the UberSELECT service and the UberBLACK service.
If you wish to sign up to drive for either of these two Uber services, please sign up through the Uber website – using our referral link: www.uberkit.net/signup. (You get a signup bonus, which has our signup referral code already pre-populated). Note – the links redirect to the correct Uber URL
Other Interesting Uber Related Posts
For our blog posts on some of Uber’s Services, see the links below:
- How Much Do Uber Drivers Make?
- Top Car Leasing Programs for an Uber Driver
- How to Find the Highest UberX Fares
- How to Become an Uber Driver
- Uber Customer Service
For other popular posts you might be interested in, check the links below:
- An Introduction to Different Uber Services
- Uber Insurance Issues and Commercial Insurance
- Uber Car Requirements: 420 Uber Black Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 90 Uber SUV Vehicles Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 580 UberX Cars Analyzed.
- Uber Car Requirements: 115 UberXL Cars Analyzed.