Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) is regarded as the busiest airport in the world. With 207 international and domestic gates, over 100 million people pass through this airport annually. It is normal to feel lost when confronted by this amount of traffic and getting a ride out of the airport can seem like a daunting task. Whether visiting or returning home, using Uber in Atlanta ATL airport is a good way to go.
UberX is the mid-tier priced Uber service, and it also gets the most patronage from Uber passengers across the globe for this reason. UberXL is the 6 passenger version of UberX. It is dominated by inexpensive but nice vehicles that can carry more passengers than the UberX. You can say it is the larger version of the UberX service. UberSELECT vehicles are classy mid-tier level luxury cars. UberBLACK riders should expect to be picked up by professionally trained drivers who dress to suit the service. UberSUV is the 6 passenger version of UberBLACK
In 2017, the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport began the construction of giant canopies to cover the curb area of the airport. Due to this development, Uber riders requesting UberPOOL, UberX, UberXL, or UberSELECT rides will have to take a walk to designated South & North Economy Lots at the domestic terminal to get picked up. Wait till you get to the designated lots before placing a ride request.
According to Uber, riders will have to follow these steps to get picked up:
- Gather your luggage from baggage claim then follow the Rideshare signs situated by the South Baggage Claim 5.
- Ride the escalator that leads to the lower arrivals level and exit through the door marked “LS2”.
- When you get to the Rideshare Pickup zone, place a ride request. The walk to the pickup zone will take an average of 5 minutes depending on the amount of luggage you will be handling. Be sure to wait till you get to the pickup zone before placing a request. Drivers are charged for waiting in the lot for more than 15 minutes. This way, you are already waiting and your driver doesn’t have to be charged for parking fees.
- Gather your luggage from baggage claim then follow the Rideshare signs situated by the North Baggage Claim 4.
- Ride the escalator that leads to the lower Arrivals level and exit through the door marked “LN2”.
- Walk about 800 feet to the rideshare pickup zone then place your ride request.
- Text or call your driver and let him or her know where exactly in the zone you are waiting.
UberBLACK and UberSUV Ride Requests
UberBLACK and UberSUV riders will be picked up “curbside from the lower Arrivals level of either Domestic Terminals.”
It is expected that the construction going on at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport will take about 2 years. Things should return to normal after the project is completed. Using Uber still remains as seamless as possible and riders can ride in comfort and ease.
Are you an Uber Driver and/or Entrepreneur? Did you enjoy this post? Are you looking for other ways to optimize your Ridesharing Business?-If your answer is yes to all three question, and you have not downloaded our kit(s) – you need to do so now and join thousands of other Uber drivers by clicking the Download link at the top right of this page, or by going here or here.