If you have any requests concerning our use of your personal information or any queries with regard to our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect about you when you access or otherwise use the Services falls into the following three categories:
We collect personal information from users of the Services through the use of on-line forms (for example when you register to create an account in order to participate in our community and connect with like-minded people), when you upload content, when you post comments in this site, upload a review or add information to your account, download or sign up to receive a Service and every time you e-mail us your details. The personal information you provide to us now or in the future, may include:
1) Your name, address and email address.
2) Demographic information such as age, gender and country of residence.
3) Your relationship status.
4) Your photograph or image.
5) Information on your reading habits and preferences, which may be used to better understand you and your lifestyle and preferences in order to serve you personalized content.
6) A record of any correspondence between you and us (such as customer enquiry e-mails), or between you and other registered users of the Website or Services.
You may use a few of the Services without creating an account and providing your personal information to us. However, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the Services to their fullest extent (for example you will not be able to view content that is not free).
Please note that you can modify, delete, and set your privacy settings for the above information any time in the My Account section of the Website after you have signed in using your password.
When you use the Services, our web servers may automatically collect certain information from your computer or device that enables us to better understand you as a user of the Services (for example, the web browser you use and the pages that interest you) and to help us enhance your experience of the Services. The information collected automatically from your computer or device may include:
1) Information from cookies. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. The cookies may be either:
a) our own ‘first party’ cookies, which are used to identify you when you use the Services, keep track of your browsing patterns, build up a demographic profile, personalize the Services and for the purpose of maintaining account log-ins and settings; or
2) Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the unique address of your computer or device and which is automatically provided when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email. This enables us to deliver the Services you have requested. We may also use your IP address for the purpose of aggregate statistics reporting.
3) Data collected from “Web beacons” including information about your journey across the Internet and your browsing behaviour around various websites within our network.
4) Information about the type of web browser you are using (for example Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari). This helps us to deliver the Services in a way that is most compatible with your particular software.
5) Other information that may be collected include information such as your web request, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
The Services may allow you to pull certain information from, and share certain information through, any third party social networking accounts you have, such as accounts with Facebook and Twitter (such as information about the books or authors that you like or are currently reading).
In order to do so, we will require access to some of your personal information stored on these sites. However we will only access personal information you hold on third party social networking sites where you have instructed us to do so, and in accordance with the privacy permissions you have set with those third party sites to enable them to share your personal information.
If you instruct us to access personal information held with a third party social networking site, please note that your personal information held with that social networking site may become visible and accessible to other users of the Services. Similarly, depending on the privacy settings you have chosen with the third party social networking site, your use of the Services may be posted to, and become visible to other users of that third party network site.
Please note that it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings with each third party social networking site that you instruct us to access, and we recommend that you check these before instructing us to access your personal information on any such third party social networking site.
In addition, your name and, depending on privacy settings, email address, are used when you invite another person to join Uberkit.
1) We process personal information collected via your use of the Services for the purposes of:
a) Providing, improving, promoting and personalizing the Services;
b) Dealing with your inquiries and requests;
c) Administering your account, including maintaining your library and online preferences;
d) Contacting you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information and news about products, services, special offers and events that we think may interest you, provided that this in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences; and
e) Providing your personal details to our selected third party partners so that they can contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information about products, services, special offers and events that they think may interest you, again provided that this is in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences.
2) By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, for example any notices required by law and/or emails about articles and other users we think you may be interested in. You may change your account settings to control how other users communicate with you and what kind of emails you wish to receive and those you do not wish to receive. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by changing your settings on the “My Account” page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
3) When you use the Services, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your Uberkit account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing and other analytical and strategic development purposes.
Uberkit will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may disclose your personal information to:
1) Other users. Your profile is visible to other Uberkit’ users and may also be accessible via search engine listings, such as Google. If you do not wish certain information to be viewed by others, you can edit your profile information by changing your account settings.
2) Other companies within the Honcho LLC group of companies;
3) Our business partners, including our affiliate publishers, so that they can send you marketing communications (where this is in accordance with your marketing preferences);
4) Successors in title to our business or as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of the website or Honcho LLC or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
5) Suppliers and service providers we engage to process data on our behalf. For example, we may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Uberkit (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).; or
6) Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory requirement to which we are subject or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party, to a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other applicable authority.
Deleting or removing your personal information
Any personal information or User Content that you voluntarily disclose while creating an account on the Website and while using the Services becomes available to the other users of the Services and our business partners. User Content includes, but is not limited to, reviews and comments. If you remove any User Content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
Uberkit takes reasonable measures to keep messages that you send to other users of the Services private between you and the recipient. However, even if you have deleted the message from your Uberkit’ inbox or outbox, copies of the message may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored the message.
Uberkit uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Uberkit and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Uberkit makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Uberkit, at all times.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Uberkit does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on Uberkit. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you (which may be subject to a fee specified by law). You also have the right to request that we update or delete any incorrect or out-of-date personal information we hold about you, and to opt out of any marketing communications we send to you (even if you previously consented to receive them).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org